BEFORE SEEING DR. GABE
If pain, injury, or accident does occur, how can you help yourself until
Dr. Gabe arrives at your home?
1. Reduce activity. If pain persists, get off your feet.
2. Elevate the foot higher than the waist to reduce swelling and pain.
3. Use cold compresses or an ice bag wrapped in a towel in 20
minute on/40 minute off cycle.
4. Switch to a soft shoe or slipper.
5. For bleeding, cleanse well, apply pressure, and cover.
6. Leave blisters unopened.
7. Foreign materials in the skin such as splinters and sand, can be removed with a sterile instrument. A deep foreign object such as broken glass must be removed professionally.
or contact us
Dr. Stanley Gabe, Melbourne, Florida